Saturday, August 16, 2014

Nederdel.

Finally I'm in a mood for knitting my second Nederdel skirt. 

I've knitted one several years ago, using 2 threads of rather crisp cotton yarn. 


The fabric is very resistent and keep the shape (no "bubble effect" when one stands up). 
But this time I wanted to do something longer, may be more delicate, elegant. 
Some months ago I bought a cotton yarn Liliya of Moscow Yarn Company of a beautiful ochre-choccolate color. http://www.ravelry.com/people/Natie379/stash/liliya- And I remembered my old decision to make another Nederdel skirt. 



I've decided to use all 3 skeins, so the final lenght was limited with 1171,3 meters. 
I repeated the first pattern 12 times, omitted the second stripe, and made the decreases of the third stripe according to the amount of the yarn I had.



I wanted the first stripe  to be as long as possible, but now I need to find a linen as the skirt is rather transparent. A kind of shapewear skirt.


When I finished the skirt I realised that it didn't look good with any simple T-shirt, not even with any hand-knitted garment. It's very different to combine 2 hand knitted garments, and for me if the skirt is tight, the sweater should be loose and vice versa (especially if you are not a model). Fortunately I found this MaxMara silk-linen assimetrical sweater that fits my skirt perfectly. The color is gorgeous too. And it has a beautiful construction which I'm going to use one day for a handmade sweater.

1 comment: